One Debacle After Another

I do not in any way find the following to be as serious as anything related to the Son of Sam case itself. 

However once again I feel like we are not being given the full story. 

And, of all things, the full story on something so trifling as how two long lost friends reconnected.

...

In the episode titled "'Billy the Artist' Emerges...But First Let's Learn Maury's Version!" Mr. Grossman gives his guest, Gary, full credit for introducing Tony Roach, aka "Billy the Artist," to himself as well as the Manny Grossman Show audience. 

Manny:

(4:02) “…once again you came through, uh, completely unexpectedly…”
(4:44) “…so you got us Billy the Artist…”
(4:49) “…so I wanted to personally bring you on today, Gary, and say, thank you so much. You just did, you just did the Son of Sam community, the truth, the the Son of Sam truth community, a huge, huge solid, so why don't you take a bow...”

Manny's guest is unable to take a bow without first taking shots at the Terry Heads, whom he describes as people with their brains “screwed on backwards.” It seems he is concerned that they will believe none of this.

From there I will paraphrase:

(5:29 - 7:02) Gary tries to explain how he and Tony reconnected after years apart.

According to Gary, Tony is like an ingredient to a cake and that cake Gary.

“By sheer luck," according to Gary, is how they got back in touch.

After reconnecting, Tony said, “I see you’re part of a Son of Sam group,” and revealed that he is the one and only “Billy the Artist” from The Ultimate Evil. Gary compared learning this to...having an extremely upset stomach, let's put it that way.

And now a direct quote:

(7:10) “We [Gary and Tony] briefly touched on things and, you know, I said, ‘well you know, I have I have a friend who would, you know, die to talk to you, would love to talk to you,' and, um, you know, and I explained about what we were doing. He said, 'yeah, no, no problem, yeah.’” 

Are we all clear on the story thus far? 

By sheer luck, Gary reconnected with his old friend Tony Roach. Mr. Roach informed Gary that he is "Billy the Artist" from The Ultimate Evil. As a result, Gary invited Tony/"Billy" to meet Manny and explained the premise of the video series. 

Now let's hear from Tony and get his side of the story from the episode titled, "Billy the Artist II-Exploring More Maury Terry Son of Sam Hoosow."

(14:16-14:59) “Gary was astounded when I called him.”

“I saw Gary's name on, on your, uh, thing, that he was a member in ya, in ya, in your cult [Facebook group? Subscription platform? Twitter?]. And I say, ‘holy shit,’ and I, I call, got, I sent him a- I don't know how I got his number."

“Oh yeah, I friended him on Facebook and he sent me the number…and I called him and I says, ‘hey man, I see you’re in this Son of Sam thing.’…” 

Another quote from Tony Roach:

(13:52 -14:00) "At that point [Moloch’s 1996 wake] I believed Maury, you know? It wasn't until I ran into you [Manny] that, like, hey, you know, something's not right here.”

Ran into you.

If we are to consider Tony's version of events, he discovered Manny (somehow) and through him learned that Maury was not an honest man ("hey, you know, something's not right here"). At some point he also discovered that Gary was involved with Manny. It was not Gary who explained anything, Tony learned directly from Manny. 

Why does all of this matter? That's what I would like to know. 

Why are two people giving two very different versions of events?

How did Tony first come into contact with Manny?

Why do we rarely get the truth from Mr. Grossman's "Son of Sam truth community"? 

Once again, it seems, something is being left out. 

To be continued...


Comments

  1. It is very vague how Tony was reunited with Gary. Their respective accounts of the reunion do not necessarily seem consistent. The ironic thing is, although Terry did truly ask leading questions to DB during their last TV interview, MG is basically doing the same thing with Tony, AKA Billy the Artist.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment