David Berkowitz's Apartment

Hello, everyone. At present I am still going over the Manny Grossman Show video titled "Billy the Artist-WOW! MORE Maury Terry Hoosow?" but I found some things that may be of interest to you or they may be of little or no consequence. I'll let you decide. 

Around the 20:09 mark, Manny begins a lecture concerning an old Facebook post which mentioned some things that the police may have overlooked in the aftermath of David Berkowitz's arrest. Of particular interest to us is an important clue reported to have been taped next to David's telephone. 

Manny does not believe this clue ever existed and provides photos of David's apartment to support his skepticism. 

At 26:06, Manny pulled up a photo and said, "so here are the things that we have taped on the wall. Maury said that there was a phone number here for the uh, for the uh, Kingsbridge Armory. Well let's look at those things. I don't see anything here except, 'Wicker Street', right..."

This is what Maury actually said in the Facebook post that Manny takes issue with:


 "By the telephone." 

Manny did not provide a photo of a telephone but rather two random notes. 


At 26:52, Manny invites the viewers to fact-check him by going here and looking at the apartment photos for themselves where he claims they have, "every picture of every wall in his apartment" [NOTE: not true, they are missing interior bathroom and kitchen photos].

My first question was, where's the phone? I found one telephone on the floor.


My next question was, where's the phone jack? Where was the phone plugged in? I cannot find find it. If any of you spot it in any of the photos, please instruct me where to look. 

Here's something else I found. 

On top of the refrigerator, there appears to be what looks like an ashtray. 

From page 44 of the apartment photos:



 


An ashtray and some drink mixers. 

I don't think David smoked (please correct me if I'm wrong) but if he did it's likely there would have been an ashtray next to his bed or at the very least some place convenient

Had David recently entertained guests? With all of that writing on the wall and dirty clothes strewn about?

I would also like to understand why David's apartment was not treated with better care. 

He we have a classic image of the lair of a madman. 


 Yet I don't believe that's how the police found it. It was closer to this:

 

Why does it appear to have been ransacked?

It's not necessarily a crime scene per se, but the likelihood of finding valuable evidence would dictate that one should move about the apartment with care. 

An example of how things were just tossed around:



 Was someone looking for something particular?

Finally, what are we to make of Ace Brown's recollections regarding his roommate named John and David Berkowitz's close relationship?


More about Ace on page 1 of the Witness List:

 I wonder if John DiFrenza smoked?

...

Thanks again for reading. I hope the information flowed in an orderly manner. 

Questions, comments and complaints are always welcome. 

And remember...


 



Comments

  1. Now we have DB possibly associated with Trachtman, Sperazza, DiFrenza, and the Carr brothers (among other miscreants). I'd say he kept some pretty nefarious company. I do not think DB even drank very much, and that is very astute to point out the ashtray, as I am fairly certain he did not smoke. To me it looks like he did entertain guests from time to time and also, he moved some of his belongings out of the apt before the cops tossed the apartment. It looks set up: first by Berkowitz and then by the cops. At one point Ace Brown was nicknamed "the hinge" as he was rendered the connection between the SoS murders and all the possibly-related underground crime. Perhaps that is an appropriated nickname.
    Do you remember the phone number found in Berkowitz's pocket when he was arrested?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The phone number was said to belong to a hotel owned and operated by a certain church.

      Delete

Post a Comment